Today, Michelle Bachmann visited Delaware County to discuss her candidacy for President. If anyone has photos please contact Marcel Kielkucki (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we'll post them to the website.
Other upcoming events:
August 8th--The monthly central committee meeting will be at 7:00 PM at the Days Inn meeting room in Manchester.
August 9th--Former US Senator from Pennsylvania Rick Santorum will visit Delaware County. He will be hosting a campaign event at the Pizza Ranch in Manchester at 3:30 PM.
August 13th--The Iowa GOP Straw Poll will be held at Iowa State University. A bus will be leaving on Saturday morning from the west side of the courthouse in Manchester. The bus is being organized by the Rick Santorum campaign. If you are interested in riding the bus, please contact Cliff Bunting or Doug Robbins.
Monday, July 11, 2011
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Are you looking for something fun to do this summer? How about watching a movie under the stars! The Delaware County Republican Party is sponsoring a free movie in the park on Friday, July 22nd at 8:30 PM, at the Tirrill Park Bandshell in Manchester. The movie "The Blind Side," rated PG-13, will be shown. Free popcorn will also be available. If necessary, the rain date is scheduled for Saturday, July 23rd at 8:30 PM.
Terry Griffith is still looking for help with the Delaware County Fair Parade next Monday, July 11th. If you are interested in helping with the parade unit, please meet Terry in the staging area near the middle school at 6:30 PM. There are also still shifts available for the fair booth. If you can help, please contact Terry at email@example.com
Delaware County Republican Central Committee Minutes
July 5, 2011, at Days Inn , Manchester, IA
- Call to order by Jeff Madlom, at 7:07 p.m. at Days Inn, Manchester, Iowa. Agendas were distributed by Jeff M. The Pledge of Allegiance was lead by Jeff M.
- There were 15 members present and 3 guests: Charles Ankrom, Cliff Bunting, Jeffery Madlom, Doug Robbins, Terry Griffith, Michele DeBlieck, Bruce Nieman, Marcel Kielkucki, Brad Kimmerle, Rick Seeley , Al Meade, Gary Helmrich, Carla Becker, Shirley Helmrichs, and Kevin Glanz. Guests were Lee Hein, Lorene Duin, and Dan Zumbach.
- The Secretary minutes were motioned to be approved by Brad K. and seconded by Marcel K. Motion passed.
- Treasurer’s report: Deb Peyton absent.
- Announcements: Dan Zumbach announced his candidacy for senate from our district which represents all of Delaware County, part of Linn County and part of Jones County.
- Legislative Report: Lee H. talked about state budget passing, school fund/educational budget fared well and the intent to revisit the Lake Delhi matching fund support in January, 2012.
- Candidates’ Spotlight: Lee H. discussed about bodies to walk in parade. There was discussion of Presidental candidates visiting Manchester.
- Correspondence Report: none. Marcel
- No program
- Old Business: 2011 GOP Straw Poll in Ames. The debate is Aug 11 in Stevens Auditorium. Cost is $500 for 10 tickets. Delaware County Fall dinner is targeted for 9/15/11 at the fairgrounds. Starts at 5:30 and dinner at 6:00
- Standing Committees
- Finance/Fundraising Committee: Doug R discussed fall dinner information.
- Organization: Shirley H said they would work on this after Delaware Co Fair.
- Communications and Public Relations Plan is to get precinct representatives updated and put on our website and perhaps sent picture to Manchester Press.
- Candidates and Campaign Assistance: Nothing to report.
- Ad Hoc Committees
- Informational Technologies: Rick Seeley, Chair. There was discussion on website name which currently is: delawarecountyiowarepublicans.org.
- Scholarship Committee: Nothing.
- Parades and County Fair: Terry Griffith, Chair. Discussion for Delaware Co parade, the elephant, 3000 flyers to hand out for the free movie, and need for more walkers. Doug R, Jeff M., and Brad K volunteered to walk. Also discussion for workers for fair booth.
- Movie in the Park: Date has been set for Friday, July 22, rain date, July 23. Showtime is dusk, approximately 8:30 p.m. with free popcorn.
- New Business—
- Next meeting: August 8, 2011 at Days Inn meeting room.
- Adjournment: Motion made by Charles A, seconded by Brad K to adjourn meeting. Motion carried and the meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.
Respectively submitted by Michele DeBlieck